We welcome Australian Retailers Association as our strategic partner
Our two-year partnership will help support Australian retail
Australia’s largest retail industry group, the Australian Retailers Association, and Australian-founded retail and payment platform, Afterpay, have entered a strategic partnership to help support, promote and future-proof Australia’s $325 billion retail sector.
The exclusive partnership will see two of the nation's leading sources on retail trends, innovation and structural shifts relevant to the sector combine their unique knowledge and expertise to help inform and support Australian retail and the businesses that underpin it.
Over the next two years, the partnership will focus on joint initiatives designed to:
- Help future-proof the retail industry through shared thought leadership, including showcasing best practice innovation
- Provide unique and tailored research insights into online and instore global retail environments
- Highlight the growing impact of social responsibility trends in the sector
- Amplify Australian retail as a connector between generations and cultures, with a focus on the growing importance of Millennials and Gen Z
- Reinforce the importance of a thriving retail sector to the Australian economy including as an employer group
- Support the retail workforce, including through training and mentoring programs on financial literacy and digital transformation for SMBs
- Promote Australian retail businesses of all tiers, including through industry-wide promotional campaigns
ARA CEO Paul Zahra said: “Retail is undergoing a profound transformation, with the COVID-19 pandemic bringing forward a decade’s worth of change and innovation.”
“As a leader in retail payments and also one of Australia’s most innovative retail brands, Afterpay offers powerful insights, global benchmarking capabilities and important resources that will help us equip our retailers for the transformative years ahead.”
“Afterpay will be a great resource to our Strategic Partnership Community, a passionate and committed group supporting our members, customers, employees and partners to recover, respond and re-imagine a thriving Australian Retail Industry.”
Afterpay Co-founder Nick Molnar said: “As a homegrown Aussie startup with a foundation in retail, we share the Australian Retailers Association’s optimism about, and investment in, a successful, long-term future for the sector here in Australia.
“This partnership is about drawing on our knowledge and expertise from across the consumer and retail spectrums to add to what the ARA already instinctively knows and understands so that together, we can provide tangible, valuable insights to Australian retailers and help position the sector for the future.”